For official closing information during severe weather events, call 540-552-1091 to listen to the recorded message or visit WSLS TV channel 10 - NBC Roanoke affiliate.
Holy Week - Triduum - Easter
Thursday of the Lord’s Supper (Holy Thursday)
April 18 (Fast and Abstain)
Stations of the Cross 12pm
Reconciliation available immediately following Stations of the Cross
Chaplet of Divine Mercy begins 3pm
Friday of the Passion of the Lord
Easter Vigil in the Holy Night approximately* 8:30pm
Easter Vigil Reception following services
* Easter Vigil begins with the lighting of fire
determined by darkness
Easter Sunday of the Resurrection of the Lord
Mass 8am, 10am, 12pm
On May 18th there will be ONLY ONE Sunday Mass at 10am
Looking for more information on Catholic programs in our area?
Newman Community at Virginia Tech
203 Otey St., Blacksburg, VA 24060
St. Jude Catholic Church
1740 Tyler Rd., Christiansburg, VA 24073
Campus Ministry at Radford University
903 Tyler Avenue
Radford, VA 24141
Holy Spirit Catholic Church
355 Independence Blvd., Christiansburg, VA 24073
Holy Family Catholic Church
516 Mason Court Dr., Pearisburg, VA 24134
Upcoming Holy Days:
The Ascension of the Lord
For a complete list of Holy Days of Obligation please visit the Catholic Diocese of Richmond website.
Holy Day of Obligation Masses
normally scheduled at 12 Noon and 7pm
Join our listserv!
To add yourself, send a NEW message to firstname.lastname@example.org with only the word subscribe in the subject field.
Leaving? We're sorry to see you go:
To unsubscribe from the list, send an email message from the email address you wish to unsubscribe to: email@example.com.
Do you or someone you know need assistance?
St. Mary's is here to help where possible:
* Come worship with us for Mass or to pray the rosary, or attend formation or fellowship events
* Our Pastoral Care Team will gladly bring prayer to our homebound or ill parishioners, outreach can including receiving communion, a rosary, a prayer shawl, a current bulletin, and other support as appropriate.
* Mental Health Prayer and Support Group meets weekly.
* Contact the office to be placed on the prayer list or schedule a Mass intention
Food, cleaning supplies, clothing:
* St. Mary's "Caring Closet" can provide a couple bags of groceries to those in need.
* We support both the Interfaith Food Pantry and MCEAP with financial and food donations.
St. Mary's supports a variety of agencies throughout the New River Valley community with our time, talent and treasure, including:
Montgomery Co. Emergency Assistance
Montgomery Co. Christmas Store
Interfaith Food Pantry
Micah's Caring Initiative
The Pregnancy Resource Center
The Women's Resource Center
Drop-in Resource Center of the New River Valley
Contact the church office for more information.